Journal of a Mouse

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Projects that Help Me to Procrastinate ;-))

I think, you will only be seeing seashells in the next weeks, because LOVE drawing them with my paintbrush! I would love to show you the sketches for Holli´s Birdie Swap, too, but I´m afraid you will have to wait a little until Holli gets my swap!
I woke up this morning having a slight panic attack because the results of my written exams can be delivered every day now... After breakfast, I was so nervous, I could by no means study. So I took to writing my morning pages, which I haven´t done for quite a while now. They really calmed me down. Afterwards I felt quite euphoric, so now I wasn´t in study mood either. Oh my... Well, somehow I managed to read a few pages anyhow. But I doubt that my brain remembers what I read... Late in the afternoon, I found that the only thing that could calm me down again would be to go on painting my seashells, which I did, as you can see here. And it worked. I feel good! I don´t even have any guilty feelings! I hope, that I will be able to study again, when I have the results...
This is the other project that I use to procrastinate: The zebra socks! (Made of Regia Loop)

5 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a painting of a sea shell on that paper? Like a Trompe L'oeil?

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Bea said...

:-))

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's FANTASTIC Bea! I thought those were real shells. Beautiful work, you should put your paintings in a gallery, girlie!

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful watercolour (?) painting of sea shells - and the socks are soooo nice! love the pattern, and the fun picture from underneath!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Oh Paige, thank you for that wonderful compliment! It means a lot to me! I think I might do that one day! But I don´t feel ready yet. I want to take my time, experimenting and finding my own style, and working on my technique. I feel that I still have so much to learn!

And Hanna, thank you, too! Yes, it is a watercolor painting. I still don´t like so much, how the pattern of the socks turned out, but I really loved taking that picture :-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home