Journal of a Mouse

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Magic!

This is pure magic, I tell you! I have been sooo afraid of doing this! I wanted to sketch my seashells in my travel journal while still on my vacation this june. But I always chickened out. I thought that I would not be able to do it to my own satisfaction... Then, a few weeks later, I tried it half-heartedly. You can see the result here:

I gave up after this disaster. But today, it grabbed me. I had to try again. Just taking photos of my seashells didn´t satisfy me one bit! And now look at this! I surprised myself! How can this be? My only explanation is, that first of all I didn´t really put a lot of effort into my first watercolor sketches, and second of all, I didn´t really give myself permission to take some time out for this. I still see a lot to be done better the next time I do this (if you click on the pictures you´ll see what I mean), but I´m really happy, the sketches turned out the way you can see here. I am so excited! Now, I´m afraid of finishing the sketches for fear of ruining them...

(Click on pictures to see a larger version)

6 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all of them looks beautiful. The colors are great, and you're doing a great job with all the details.

wynlen
wynleDesign

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Thank you! I´m always so insecure when it comes to my own works. And then I think they look better as a photograph than in reality...strange, hah?

 
At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy you got some talent going there...true magic to look at it, just beautiful!!! I love it so much!! I am sooo happy for you, einfach sahnemaessigsuperstark bist Du!!!! :-D

And the details you painted inot them are just amazing, it looks almost like a photo!!!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Tine, thank you so much! Now I´m wearing a big smile on my face :-))

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

wow, i really like these. looks like you have a thing for shells. i live at the beach, so i'm fond of 'em!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Thanks! You live at the beach? You are so lucky! I miss the seaside so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home