Journal of a Mouse

Friday, August 12, 2005

Studio Friday: Negative Space

This is my studyroom/studio, which you may have already seen on my flickr site. I actually love my room a lot! I painted it pink, because I have always wanted to have a room with pink walls and white furniture. I just wish I were allowed to paint the window frames white, too. Even though I love this room, there are still some corners I don´t like that much, because that´s where I store all the clutter that I don´t have room for. Take a look here:

This is where I store my sewing machine, drawing-blocks, some notebooks (because the shelves are already packed), a bag with wool in it, an old shirt that I wear when painting, and sometimes other pieces of clothing, too, as you can see...

7 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pink walls are fab, I've told you allready. I'm so in envy! :-)

And I'm a bag lady too, with boxes and paper bags behind the armchair in the living room, next to my bed, in the hallway. You are brave to take a photo of your bags!

take care!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger isay said...

nice! i like well lighted room. how i wish i can put our computer against the window but i would turn my back on our door. the pink walls are wonderful.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Thanks for your great comments, you all!

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a lovely room there. I like the big windows and the pink walls! It is indeed a shame you can't paint your window frames white. I think it would make the room look bigger.

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bea,

it reminds me so much of back home...sigh!
I love your room, your wall color is so fabulously great!! The brown window frames (oh I know how heavy those are to open up, hahaah) are a fantastic contrast to the soft pink!!! That is exactly what I love!! Funny how that is so negative for you.

My space which is tiny in comparison to your slooks like your little pile of things, hahaha! I just have things all over the place. I will save up thopugh so I can get some shelves one day ;-)

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S.: The painitng on the easel there...did you paint it? Can I pleeeease see it a bit larger???? It's very intriguing... ;-)

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Thank you Marianne and Tine for the compliments on my room, too!

And Tine, you can see the picture on the easel, if you go to my flickr page! It´s the pastel drawing of some tulips I made in my drawing class. You can find even more of my drawings there. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home