Journal of a Mouse

Monday, August 15, 2005

My Weekend

This is what I´ve been working on in my study breaks: Socks for my boyfriend! It might seem like I love to knit socks all the time, but it´s just because it´s so easy and relaxing. No muse needed for this! It doesn´t distract me as much from studying like drawing often does.

Saturday morning, I went to the park to sketch the old house you´ve seen in my last post. Late in the afternoon I went to the park again. This time my boyfriend came along. We went to the upper part of the park, which costs admission, and is a lot more attractive because it has been part of a landscaping exhibition in the seventies.
You can take a boat ride over the little lake and look at all kinds of exotic birds living on an island in the middle of the lake. If your not careful and you let your hands hang into the water it may happen that one of the huge carps tries to bite off your finger, hee, hee! And if you´re lucky, you can sometimes see these turtles swimming past your boat. This saturday, they decided to relax a little and take a sunbath on these stones near the lakeside.
They have a little zoo in this park and a small area, where various farm animals live. But best of all are all those storks who live in the park. They like this area especially well, as you can see here:
Now that I have overcome my outdoor-sketching-fears a little bit, I must come here to draw! I have wanted to do that for the last two years. Imagine!

4 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bea -

hello. I came to your site, via swirly girl's pink project. just wondering where you live in germany, as I have recently moved to strasbourg, france. I notice in the park you have loads of storks, which we also have here. are you perhaps, close to strasbourg?

also, I was amazed to read that you don't think your drawing and painting skills are not good - your sketches are beautiful! I think maybe you don't give yourself quite enough credit.

enjoy,
sarah

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been knitting all week, starting a new sock project. Fun!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Thank you Sarah! Yes, I´m still a little unsure about my drawing skills...but I tend to be very critical with my own work. I don´t live too far away from Strasbourg, in Mannheim. Where did you live before coming to Strasbourg?

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Hanna, I´ll go and take a look at your blog now... I´m curious! So you´re done with your essay? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home