Journal of a Mouse

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Baby Blanket Update

I had a few problems uploading my pictures to the computer, but now that they are solved I can show you the progress I have made in knitting the baby blanky. I frogged it two times, because of the lower brim turning up. Well, it still does, but not as bad as before. I think I tend to knit the garter stitch too loose. I just hope that blocking the blanket will help, too.
I´m pretty busy with wedding preparations at the moment. Only three weeks to go! I still didn´t find any shoes that would match my dress and the necklace that I wanted to buy is no longer available... fortunately I can lend the jewelry at the jewelry shop where we got our wedding rings, in case I don´t find an alternative (oh, they are just sooo beautiful and I can´t wait to show you! We can´t resist trying them on every once in a while just to admire them a little *biggrin*). I´m already pretty nervous and hope it will be a warm and sunny day (so we can celebrate in the little courtyard of the hotel and have our pictures taken outside in the park)!

5 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Monica Lee said...

Wow! Lots happening for you! Very exciting time in your life and you still have time to knit-amazing!! Your blanket is really cute by the way. Was the pink scarf (below) hard tomake? I think you are a much better knitter than me but I may attempt something like that! Thanks for your encouragement!

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is looking so great already!! Wow! the colours are so cute!!
That moose is a cute one, too, hehe and the pillow...sigh in awe ;-)
I'm all curious to see what your jewelry looks like. So exciting!! At my wedding I ended up not wearing any necklace because my dress was embroidered so much on the top part. You will love it!!!! Enjoy every second of it!! I am sure the sun will shine.

xoxo
~T.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

THese are sooo beautiful!! WOW!!

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, what a cute blanket -- i love the colors!! sounds like a busy and exciting time for you -- enjoy!!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Monica: Thanks for the compliments on my knitting! The pink scarf is not hard to make at all. It is crocheted, but if you want to make a knitted ruffle, I believe you just have to cast on as many stitches as you need to get the required lenghts. Then you knit one row and double the stitches in every new row. It´s best to use very thick yarn. I haven´t tried knitting a ruffle yet, so I can´t guarantee it will turn out the same way as mine. If you want to crochet, I´ll be glad to tell you how I did it, too.

Tine: Thanks! The moose was a pattern from a christmas magazine and the pillow is from Ikea!

Alina: Thank you so much!

Melanie: Thank you, too, very much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home