Journal of a Mouse

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I´m back...


I can´t believe it´s already one month since my last post! Just when I was getting out my drawing stuff again, I learned that my dear grandma had died at the age of eightyeight. So I packed and off I went to support my mom, who had a lot on her shoulders already. I only got back home again about ten days ago and have been very busy with wedding preparations. Now, there are only a few things left to do, concerning the wedding, and I finally found some time to start the baby blanket I planned to knit. This does really well for me, as I was feeling a little strained after all that had happened. But apart from that I feel really good and baby seems to feel great too. It´s kicking wildly!
Oh - is there anyone out there, who can maybe give me a hint on how to prevent the border of the blanky from turning over (as you can see on the photo)? Did I knit the border too tight or too loose? Will blocking help, maybe? I would appreciate getting your advice!

2 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Lilorfnannie said...

I don't knit, I crochet. But I'm thinking the bottom edge is turning up because it is too tight. There is no way of changing that except unraveling that row and finishing off the edge. At least that I know of- that's how I would do it.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Thank you so much for your advice! It´s what I suspected, too.
In the meantime, I found out that I knitted the border a little too loose. After frogging the blanket two times, the problem still exists, but not as bad as before. So, I decided to leave it as it is now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home