Journal of a Mouse

Friday, October 07, 2005

Studio Friday: Golden Yellow - SECRET PROJECT REVEALED!!!

This is definitely the best topic to reveal the secret project I have been working on since the beginning of august. TA DAH!
As I have already mentioned, it was originally an idea I had for the birdie swap. It started out as an idea of three birds balancing on each others heads - a static picture I wanted to paint in my naive style in acrylics. But then I was tired of this style and it itched me to do it in watercolors and with a more dramatic perspective. I didn´t know if I could do it, because I have never ever tried a wild perspective like this one. But the picture was there in my mind and I HAD to put it on paper. So I told myself to just try it. I wouldn´t have to show it to anyone, if it didn´t work out... So I sketched and sketched.

This was the first sketch I made to see what kind of characters I could come up with. Pretty bad, hah?

My first try at changing the perspective. But something was still wrong. So I tried, and tried...

and tried some more.

And suddenly I saw THIS clearly in my mind and just drew it... Was that really ME??? ;-)

13 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger kiki said...

great picture. i like that you shared the sketches too.

 
At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo Bea the Mouse! Returning your visit!
There's a sweet vibrancy in your painting - and your sketches show how you persevered to bring it on through. Lovely! : )

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger firstborn studio said...

bravo!
i love the vibrant feeling of this! and the sketches are big part of why...they helped it come to life!

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sketches and hearing about your creative process. You should be proud of yourself for seeing it through to the end and having a fantastic painting as a result!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger isay said...

thanks for sharing the process and it turned out beautifully and lively. nice perspective, too.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Swirly said...

How fun! I love seeing the whole process.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Lesley Todd said...

Hey that's great! It's interesting the way it suddenly clicked for you. I think my brain works the same way!

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks great - and very fun. I love the colors, and it's interesting to see the process of your sketches.

wynlen

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Thank you all so much for your great comments! I´m so glad now that I shared my sketches! I hoped it would be interesting and even encouraging for others to see! Glad you liked it! All your nice comments now encourage me very much to keep on painting! So thanks!!!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's interesting seeing it develop from first sketch to final artwork. I really like the composition and the birdie characters. It's a very lively picture and ... Very cute!! :-)

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Thank you, Marianne! I´m glad you like the composition.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Monica Lee said...

Wow! This illustration is just great! It has movement and perspective! Love it! Oh, those cups are and entire set of dishes-I should send them to you, I haven't used them! Hence the brush container!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Monica: :0)) They look great as brush containers! And thanks for the compliments on my illustration! It means a lot to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home