Journal of a Mouse

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Yay! I MADE IT!!! I passed!

I think the gods were on my side today! You cannot imagine how nervous I was today. I have never ever in my life felt this nervous in my life. Yet my head was totally clear! My intestines rebelled, I was feeling sick in my stomach, I was freezing like hell, I couldn´t breath right...and felt like I was near fainting when we arrived after an hours drive at the court where my exams took place. But I didn´t exactly panic. It was just my body. And there was nothing I could do about it. So I just tried to accept it and talk to myself in a reassuring way. I just wanted to get it over with.
I was lucky. I got to do my presentation first, which spared me the horrible waiting time. The presentation was about a subject that I knew very well. The minute I saw what it was about, I knew I could do it. So, I was going to show them! Ha! Suddenly, all my confidence came back. And I was frigheningly calm, hee, hee. I didn´t have my usual problems with timing...it went sooo well! I was finished preparing my presentation five minutes before my time was up! And I knew that it was good. So I went in there and showed them (four examiners - one for each subject). I was sooo relaxed, so concentrated. I don´t understand these stress reactions. Funny, ha? I was still very nervous about the next four subjects. Because we were only two candidates and each of us was questioned for about ten minutes per subject, the whole examinations were over by about 1 pm. Luck was on my side. The other candidate was asked all the questions that I could never have answered. And he very often did not understand what one of the examiners wanted to hear from him (their questions were not very precise). The examiner I was most afraid of asked his questions last. And what a jerk! He asked stuff he isn´t permitted to ask, a lot of questions that had nothing to do with law at all! He didn´t give us time to look things up (which we are allowed to do, as we don´t have case law). Oh, well. It doesn´t matter anymore. Who cares! I got it over with! Plus, I even moved up one grade (mostly due to the good presentation, which counts double)!
Thanks to all of you, who have so dearly supported me! It helped me tremendously in keeping my sanity these last days! I wish I could go and party with you!!! Wouldn´t that be fun? Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! And now I´ll start my new life!!! Yoohooh!

7 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Blogger roz said...

WAY TO GO!!! Have a great time and savor your huge success. Well done, I knew you could do it!!!
=o)))

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Thank you, Roz! Yes, you knew! Seems like everybody knew, except me ;-) Thanks again for your great advise!!!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Natascha Rosenberg said...

WoW!! Congratulations!! This is a wonderful new!! You can be very proud of you! I' ll go celebrate it too!! Cheers!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Thank you so much, Natascha! :-)))

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to not have seen this sooner, Bea. Congratulations on passing your exam! Blessings on acquiring work. Even though it's tough finding something in your field right now, you just never know what might happen!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger theresa said...

YEAH! Congratulations!!!!

(sound of popping cork)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Paula: Thank you for your congratulations! And thanks for the blessings! I´m a little more optimistic already!

Theresa: Thank you very much, too! And: Cheers!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home