Journal of a Mouse

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Not Enough Sleep...

All I wanted to do after my exams was SLEEP. But life had other plans...

I was feeling worn-out at the end of my big day, but I couldn´t go to sleep. Too much adrenaline still in my body! So I went to bed way past midnight only to get up early the next day. I needed to go and register for unemployment. But it was okay, really. I didn´t feel too tired - yet. In the afternoon, a good friend of mine visited and we went to the park. We took a boat ride, watched some of the creatures that are living in the little zoo there, and finally got some rest at the chinese tea pavillion.
Next day, I wanted to sleep in. But I was up at eight a.m.! Because I could not fall back asleep, I got up and didn´t know what to do with myself. I didn´t feel so good, either. My IBS was back and I had bad tummy cramps. Also, I was feeling pretty tired, so I schlepped myself to the couch and watched tv until noon. When my boyfriend came back home from his course, we prettied ourselves up a bit and went to a house warming party. Friends of us have recently moved to a cute little village in the midst of the palatian vineyards. We enjoyed the party very much and filled our tummies with delicious food and new vine!
On sunday I was up early AGAIN! By now I was feeling tired to the bones. But it was such beautiful weather outside. As I was sitting in the living room, the windows wide open so I could smell the autumn air and better hear the churchbells of the nearby church chiming, I decided to wake up my sweety and go outside. We went to Weinheim by tram and had some lunch in the beautiful town center. Then went for a long walk through the woods and the vineyards, overlooking the rhine plain. On our way back in the tram, I could hardly keep my eyes open...

Some yummy grapes along our way




But yesterday I had to get up early, as I had an appointment with a man from the employment agency at eight in the morning! The perspectives for getting a job in any law-related field in Germany are pretty bad right now. I know a lot of people who are now looking for a job for over year and still haven´t found one. So it wasn´t a very uplifting talk I had with the agent. When at home again, after some grocery shopping, I decided to roll up my sleeves and scrub down the bathroom. I always get this urge to get everything cleaned up, when there is something new up my way and I´m still blocked and can´t start. Also, it seems to be a good way to beat the blues... So by the evening I was feeling way better! My boyfriend and I had decided that we would go out for dinner to celebrate my exams. And that we did! It was a really nice and relaxed evening with great carribean food and argentinian wine! I was feeling pretty drunk when we where on our way back *LOL*! So I slept very well tonight ;-))
...but...I WOKE UP AT EIGHT A.M. AGAIN!!! This time, because there was some kind of big nasty banging noise! Hey, I just want to sleep in ONCE!!! Oh, well. So I got up and went to the bathroom and decided to go back to bed afterwards and doze off...but then the hammering started...sooo I resigned. Maybe, I´ll just go for a nap today...

4 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, bea, how awful...I hope you will have had a good night's rest last night and will have this night with some chammomile tea to calm your tummy and nerves.
:-)

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What absolutely GORGEOUS pictures!!! So peaceful!!!!
:)Stacie

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger theresa said...

you're making me want to go traveling again....so beautiful.

Now get some rest! :-)

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Thanks for your lovely comments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home