Journal of a Mouse

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Beating the Blues


I suffer from post examination blues...That´s why I didn´t post so often. I´m not in the mood to do anything. But I did something anyway. I picked up my knitting again and I finished my secret project last week! I will show you soon! It was actually meant to be for the Birdie Swap, but it turned out to be the best thing I ever painted, or at least it seems so to me. So I decided to keep it. But unless I have an alternative for the swap, I cannot show you...I would so love to though! I have already started to work on that alternative, but it takes me longer to finish it than I thought, because there is always something going wrong - grmmph!!! I will explain later.
So why do I feel blue? At first, I think, it had to do with being exhausted and not getting enough sleep. But then I started to feel the pressure to look for a job and not feel ready for it at all. I still do not really know what to look for. All I know is, that I don´t want to become a lawyer. And I need a job that will not eat me up, because I need to have enough time and energy for all my creative endeavors. What else is making me feel blue? My tummy is causing me trouble again. I´m not sure it´s IBS this time. It feels more like I´ve caught a bug or something. But I´m really not sure and it adds to the feeling of not being stress-resistant enough to cope with all this career stuff I have to deal with now. I think I will take it easy for another week and try some more arts and crafts therapy ;-)

4 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bea,

Be gentle to yourself and don't beat yourself up. You did soooooo well and had an AMAZING exam that you put behind you. Work together with the universe and keep your faith and it will all fall into place for you soon. A breakdown is in actual fact a breakthrough!!! You will know soon what you want to do, I know you will.

Til then enjoy your creative endevours :-) Am curious about your other painting. I am sure it looks absolutely fabulous!!

Ich drueck Dich ganz doll!!

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Tine: I finished the "alternative" picture. So now I will just go and relax over the next few days and see if I´ll feel better! And you´re so right about not beating myself up. I´m just so used to it...but I´m getting better ;-)Ganz lieben Dank!

Yvonne: Thanks for your well wishes. My tummy feels a little better now and I´m sure it´s some bug that caused it. It will probably last a few more days though. I´m glad you like my socks :o)

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger S'mee said...

I just stumbled here, gazing at the artists from tine's page...

Not sure if you know it or not, but you have the perfect "ballet" feet. Serious. When the Royal Ballet (UK) take auditions with young girls to train them up in the art, one of the first requirements is their body, and TOE structure (for pointe). Yours are the perfect example! lol Big toe and at least the next two at the same level across.

Whenever you feel sad about life, think to yourself,"hmm, I, ME!, I could get in to the Royal Ballet Academy!!!" not something just everyone can do!

Silly comment I know, but they hit me, as I, sadly, do not have ballet toes.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Hi s´mee! I chuckled away when I read about my ballet feet! Thanks for your comment! And thanks for cheering me up with this! Hee, hee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home