Journal of a Mouse

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Slowly Progressing...

I didn´t paint yesterday and it took me until late in the afternoon today, before I could get myself to paint on this again. All because my confidence was a little bruised after all the things my teacher had said. It was not just what I already wrote here. It was also how she repeated a few times how it takes at least five years until one is really good in watercolor painting... That was after her tantrum about my attempts of painting the vase and after she had criticised my first attempt at painting the violet flowers (that was on a different sheet of paper) and I´m sure it was pointed in my direction. So I had a little battle with my inner critic these last two days. Well, I won. And I think the violet flower heads are really okay. I didn´t win the battle in case of the vase yet. But I have plenty of time for that and I may just try painting it on a different sheet of paper first.

5 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how you worked in the lilac thistles. They look wonderful!! Just continue your wonderful work, bea. You have a magical touch! Can't wait to see the finished bouquet!!!
It is sooo beautiful!! I am in love with the way how you worked out the textures. :-)

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the flowers look really good. Don't listen to your teacher when she says that watercolor is not the right medium for you - I agree with you, there's no rules how you use watercolors. Just look at my illustrations, I never let the paint run into each other. Continue to believe in yourself. Good luck!
wynlen

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Thanks again, Tine! :0) You are always so encouraging! My very personal cheerleader ;-)) Hugs to you!!!

And Anette, thanks to you, too! It´s so nice getting all this encouragement, as I´m often a little insecure, because I mostly teach myself. So getting feedback is always welcome! Your illustrations are so great!

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger isay said...

mostly those really good teachers are like that but only to make students strive more to do much better and they hold and reserve their praises at the end.

looks real to me Bea!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Thanks, Isay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home