Journal of a Mouse

Monday, May 22, 2006

Overwhelmed

I felt a little overwhelmed these days with all that still needs to be done before our little one arrives. The biggest problem we are facing is lack of storage space. So I started throwing out a lot of useless stuff last week. But there still is a lot to do. I felt quite depressed yesterday and spent most of my day on the couch - something I haven´t done in a while. Just when I was preparing myself to go to bed, it clicked... I was putting too much pressure on myself to have everything perfectly organized before baby arrives. No wonder I was feeling so low. So, I started asking myself what really mattered and realized that many things that need to be done can wait for the time being. I can still do this and that when baby is here. I feel better already. All I´m going to do is making lists of what needs to be done and then prioritizing. I really don´t need too much stress right now.
So today, I tried to relax a little more. I sat down to study some baby catalogues and later went out shopping for the little guy. So much fun! I feel better already. Just need to find a place to store everything now...

5 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Blogger roz said...

Awww. Do you know what they call that? NESTING. Very common in moms to be. I went through it too and I just couldn't get the house "clean" enough for the new life coming into the house.
You'll get through it and I'm glad that you are giving yourself a break. Hugs to you.

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to read yoy came to reason, because the baby will so much more enjoy a relaxed nursing mother that a deadly tired organiser ;)

But honestly I remember having the exact same feelings being pregnant of my firstborn!

 
At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...I think you need for me to come back from my vacation - I'd love to help you declutter, I had some practice back when we had the smaller apartment *grin*

I'm glad you realized what was happening - nesting is normal and now that you know what's happening you won't be putting so much pressure on yourself anymore *hug*

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger isay said...

i am late for my wedding greetings.

best wishes and congratulations to you bea and your husband.

you were so beautiful in your wedding dress. you look so happy and peaceful.

i am guessing but i think you are going to have a baby girl.

i am not back yet regularly in the blogland but I hope i can very soon.

take good care and all the best to you and your husband and most especially to your baby.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Bea said...

@ all: Yes, I have a bad case of the nesting syndrome, I´m afraid...some of it can´t be avoided, I guess. Thanks for your support!

Thanks for all your good wishes, isay! Hope your are feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home