Journal of a Mouse

Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Bird´s Visit

I don´t know when and how this young birdie managed to sneak into our living room. But when I sat down in front of the computer a while ago, a chirping and fluttering behind my back startled me. And then I found this scared little critter in the bookshelf to the right. I think I was no less shocked at first than he was. And I was even more shocked when he suddenly took off and darted to the top of the shelf on the other side of the room - and fell right behind it! I was so afraid he might have hurt himself. Luckily, nothing much had happened to him. I opened all the windows and hoped he would find his way out eventually. But instead he decided to fly back to the bookshelf where I had first found him. Fortunately, it took only a little time for him to fly over to the window sill, where he took a little rest on my yellow begonia. He finally realized that the way out was through the window, although at first he tried it with the only window that was still shut. So I gently moved my hand over to him and in his attempt to get out of my way he moved over to the open window and flew off. Phew! Poor little birdie!
I´m sure he´ll like the world in front of our windows a lot more than our living room!


5 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger roz said...

Awww what a sweet little fellow. I'm glad he eventually got out safe and sound. If you believe in signs, well a bird flying into your home is supposed to be very good luck. ;o)

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Looks like he flew in to study some Jura!! Hahaha! So cute! I am glad he didn't hurt himself and made it out ok. I am sure he has great stories to share of his adventure with his birdie friends ;-))

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a cute story, and thank you for helping him out - that was great of you! looks lovely outside your window. hope you are well?!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Roz: A sign of good luck! That sounds great! I can need that!

Tine: Yes, I´m sure it was his first really big adventure!

Hanna: Yes, I´m well! Thanks for asking. I´m just really busy these days reorganizing our home and throwing away useless stuff to make space for our little one...

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a sweet story and what a view. Don't you just love spring...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home