Journal of a Mouse

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Winter Magic!

Click on picture for a larger image!
I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland. Everything was magically covered in snow and thick white snowflakes were dancing in front of our bedroom window! Now, the beautiful snow already starts to melt again... oh, well. At least I was blessed with a visit from at least fifteen chirping rose-ringed parakeets (I recently found out their English names!) Right now, only one of the parakeets is still sitting in the tree, along with a few finches and sparrows and a plump turkish dove. Pure magic! I could sit all day here at the window, watching these little critters!

9 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Amazing - I love the little colourful birds in those white branches.

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great shot! it's snowing here right now, and I've been out taking a pic of the bird house, but no birds. maybe tomorrow.

happy new year (soonish!)

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is amazing!! they almost sit in the same spots even as in your old photo!!! soooo cute!! i love it!!

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Swirly said...

I LOVE that picture! The bright green birds in the snow covered tree...it is like something from a fairy tale.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. We don't have any snow at the moment, but I hope we'll have some in a few days.
wynlen

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Bea said...

How great it would be, if I were able to sit here with all of you by the window and watch my green friends together! For all of you who wish for some snow: I´ll blow some snowclouds over to your places!

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so very jealous!
;-)
Snowbear

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger isay said...

what a beautiful sight!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Claire Louise Milne said...

what a magical picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home