Journal of a Mouse

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Studio Friday: Sketchbook(s) / Notebook(s)

(please click on picture for a larger version)
These are my sketchbooks and notebooks. I use the large folder for keeping images cut from magazines, as inspiration for future paintings and craft projects. Underneath, you can see a spiral notebook which is a kind of travel journal, but I sometimes put cut-outs from magazines in it, too, as you can see here. Then there is my sketchbook, which I don´t use so often, because I find it´s rather intimidating to put something in it. I like it much better to doodle on loose sheets of paper. The blue painting is in my first altered book. A kind of "feelings-only- journal" for me, as I don´t really write anything in it. On the left are some cut-outs I intend on putting into a new visual goal diary. But I have not started on that one, except for collecting images from magazines and such. I got inspired to start this kind of journal by Tera.

7 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh they are all so pretty!
I love your angel, such a gorgeous creature. And the yellow swedish house on the left reminds me of the Villa Kunterbunt from Pipi Longstocking!! Love it!
I guess 'intimidating' is the word I was looking for with my blue Angel journal. Funny how such simple things can have such power.
Tera is great, haven't been visiting her site in a long time actually...

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, there's a lot of inspiration in this picture. I love the blue painting. Great.

wynlen
wynleDesign

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger isay said...

very inspiring notebooks. lovely collage and drawing. they are all wonderful.

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving us a peek into your notebook/sketchbooks! It looks great. I also like to doodle on loose sheets of paper instead of in a book. I haven't tried to make an altered book yet, but it's on my things to do list that I keep in my head :-) Your angel page is looking great. Thanks for the Tera link. I am going to check it out!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger bee'nme said...

WOW - such beauty hanging around on the pages of your sketchbooks and notebooks! (your angel page is gorgeous!) There's so much inspiration there! We share the same habit of collecting cut outs from magazines in photo albums - I love nothing better than grabbing one of my notebooks and just looking through it for inspiration. Thanks for inspiring me by sharing a glimpse of your creative world!

 
At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your feelings only book is really nice, I love the angel page. I too feel intimidated by a big book of empty pages, it is helpful for me to start in the back or middle of the book leaving the first few pages empty. What a delightful pile of things you have there.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Wonderful sketchbooks and journals. I adore that yellow house. I also like to find neat little cottages for inspiration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home