Journal of a Mouse

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

36 Weeks


My husband took a few photos of me in the park this sunday to have some memories of my growing belly. It´s still one of the smallest bellies in the "Belly Club" as I like to call my childbirth class. Unfortunately, I had to limp over to the park, because my sciatic nerve is causing me trouble. I hope my midwife, who I see today, has some idea of how to relieve the pain a little. Maybe acupuncture or something will help.

Other than that, the weekend has been a great one. Saturday started off with my childbirth class, where this time all the future daddies came along. The class started with some relaxation exercises, where both the moms and the dads put their hands on the baby bump... My midwife told us to concentrate on the child and find out if our child started to calm down when we placed our hands on the belly or if it started to kick, "as some kids were more communicative..." - just as she said this, our little one started to kick Jans hands, as if to say: " Yes, I´m that type!", hee, hee. I wonder where he got that from *grin*.

When the class was over, we went to the hospital, where I want to give birth, in order to pre-register. Then we had to hurry a little bit, because we had a busy afternoon ahead of us. Grocery shopping, a visit to Ikea, preparing food for a birthday party that we were invited to in the evening... The party was a lot of fun and we came back late in the night.

Sunday, we had friends over for coffee and strawberry cake. Their nine-months old son had just started to crawl and we all had a lot of fun playing with him and making him laugh. He´s still so easy to entertain ;-) Trying to bite into Jans toes seemed to be the greatest pleasure for him, hee, hee. It was so much fun - now we are even more looking forward to having our own baby here in our arms. If it weren´t for giving birth first...

5 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great belly and I sure hope your midwife comes with an answer for the nerve!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Monica Lee said...

Bea! You look great! Very exciting times ahead!

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great!! So schoen, Dich wieder mal zu sehen!! ;-))

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Berber said...

You look wonderful... so slim!!
Just four more weeks to go; how exciting!!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Thanks for your compliments, everybody! So nice of you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home