Journal of a Mouse

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Baby Bed

We haven´t started changing my old studyroom/studio into a nursery yet. We want to take our time, as baby will be sleeping in our bedroom for the first few month anyway, and I don´t want to risk being in the middle of a remodel when baby is due (only about a month to go!). So, I´m glad, I found this cute co-sleeping bed from Roba on the internet! You can hook it up the parents bed, so baby can sleep safely next to mom or dad. That way we won´t always have to get up in order to feed or console our little one. In the daytime, you can just put up the fourth side of the bed and push the bed over to the living room, or wherever you want to. The bed comes with rockers, so you can also make into a cradle, if you´d like. When baby grows too big and gets too mobile, the bed is no longer safe, but it can still be used as a bench in the nursery.
It´s hard to believe that in no time at all, a real baby- our real baby- will be sleeping in this bed. Right now, our test-baby a.k.a. Urs the teddybear is taking his naps there ;-)

6 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so sweet!!! Great bed, I love how versatile it is, that's really fabulous! And Urs looks already very comfy in it ;-)

xoox

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, a real baby. that is soooo cool. haven't seen a bed like this, but it seems smart!

take care!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Tine: I just hope that Urs doesn´t become envious to our baby, when he needs to find another place to nap...

Hanna: These kind of beds are pretty new in Germany. I didn´t know about these before. I only found out about one similar to the one that I got in a special baby catalogue.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Berber said...

How practical!
I've never heard of beds like these, but I'm sure it will be very handy!

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful bed this is, so many possibilities. I also had my little ones next to my bed the first couple of months. I always found it difficult to place them in another room.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger isay said...

so lovely Bea!

thanks... best regards

 

Post a Comment

<< Home