Journal of a Mouse

Monday, August 01, 2005

Studio Friday: Playtime



(please click on picture for a larger version)

This is actually something I made a few month ago, when I took out all the magazines and catalogues, I collect in a huge basket next to my desk, and randomly cut out everything that in some way appealed to me. I wanted to find out, if there was some kind of pattern in what I like. When I started to put everything on a large piece of packing paper, I had this idea of cutting out those areas from a map, that showed all the places I had lived in (I had to leave out the place in the US, where I had lived as a teenager, because my old road atlas only contained maps of Europe). I then arranged those pieces from "North" to "South", so they made up a new map. This time, it became more like a soul map... I also included some pictures in my collage, that I had printed out from websites I admired. The result of this playtime amazed me. It is so "me". Looking at it makes me really, really happy. What´s funny: That blue sign in the upper righthand corner says:"Playing allowed!" Now talk about coincidence!

4 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to 'Studio Friday'!!! What a great gem you got there, such an inspiration! It reminds me of our 'collection' topic we had at 'Studio Friday' a few weeks ago and Jan showed us a few pages out of her inspiration book. I love your collage, so many interesting details in it, awesome!
Since I'm a native German I can also read the little signs you have put in it. :-D Where abouts in germany are you located?? Ha! So NEAT!

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S.: I hope the comment will stay on the page this time. I hate it when blogs are acting funny. Squarespace does that too and it drives me up the wall sometimes, hahahaha!

Tschuess!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Thanks! :-))

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, and really like it. This collage is so cool - and the idea behind it too! Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home